Harmful Effects of the Drinking Water in Plastic Bottles
Is it safe to drink water from the plastic bottles?
Nowadays, packaged mineral water is the happily obtainable in plastic bottles and holder and most of us do not think twice before the drinking water from these plastic bottles. Very few of us are actually aware of the many health hazards that these plastic bottles might pose. So, this article try to enlighten us on the harmful effects of the drinking water from plastic bottles and whether we must be consider other healthy alternatives instead.
Habituated to drinking water from plastic bottles? Here is what you must be alive of:
Plastics not only damage the environment in which we live but it is can be also have a serious long-term negative impact on our overall the health and well-being. These days, companies manufacturing packaged drinking water mostly make use of the BPA-free plastic, but it carry certain other harmful chemicals that can been leak out if the bottles are kept in one place for the prolonged period of time or are kept in a heated or warm environment. Some of the risks of drinking water from these plastic bottles and why we must think again before using them along with a few healthy alternatives to plastic bottles are the discussed as follows:
1. These bottles are make with huge amounts of water and fossil fuels and then transported all over the world. They are definitely non-biodegradable by all means and when we throw them away after the drinking from them, they will be accumulate in and hardly damage the environment for a very overlong time- as much as 1000 years!! For the thousand years they will keep depositing their toxic ingredients into the soil and other environmental surroundings like water bodies and this can validate to be extremely detrimental for the health and well-being of our current as well as upcoming future generations.
2. The labels on the plastic water bottles which claim that the water is 100% pure and sourced from the natural water bodies such as springs etc often turn out to be grossly misleading. Surveys have revealed that about the quarter of the water begin in packaged plastic bottles is actually tap water!! Some reputed companies may method this tap water by the means of ultraviolet light and then distribute them to the public at a price that exceeds the value of tap water by as much as 10,000 times!! Also, further researches have revealed that samples of the water from plastic bottles are mostly contaminated with dangerous toxins like phthalates, microbes, benzene and sometimes even arsenic etc.
3. The full extent of the damage that is caused by the harmful chemicals and toxins present in the plastic water bottles are not even fully known as of yet which makes it all the more dangerous for those who use them as their bodies are the subjected to risky experiments. Moreover, several modern cities of the developed world are increasingly cutting down or even totally stopping the usage of plastic water bottles and instead providing free drinking fountains on their streets. India needs to learn from them and set a similar example for the other countries to follow in order to decrease the health risks of drinking water from the plastic bottles.
4. Plastic bottles, both the ones with and without a harmful chemical substance known as BPA can discharge toxic chemicals into the water keep in them and cause serious health problems like a asthma, cancer, diabetes, brain damage and weakening of the immune system, loss of fertility etc and these health concerns can even be inherited by the children of the users of such a plastic bottles. They are also aggravate our chances of the suffering from cardiovascular problems and when we refill them, we are at a serious risk of exposure to certain types of the bacteria that can be cause ailments like colds and flus. This happens since there is a breakdown of plastic bottles due to continuous usage and cleaning the bottles with soaps and warm water on a regular basis made it alleviate this problem somewhat but will be also quicken the method of the breakdown of the plastic.
5. Instead of the using plastic bottles, it is high time that we start considering the use of other healthy alternatives like a glass containers, vessels made out of the mud or copper and the stainless steel water bottles etc.
6. Remember never ever to refill plastic water bottles that have already been used once as these bottles may be carry harmful bacteria or fungi which can be cause some serious health concerns and so whenever you have used a plastic water bottle, always dispose it off properly in the dustbin and ensure that it is not used by the anyone else later.
7. Never keep plastic water bottle in the sunlight because the sunlight exposure leads to the release of harmful chemical substances like a formaldehydes from plastic which gives the water an unpleasant or foul odour and can be also lead to digestive disorders etc.
8. Never cook or heat water or food items in plastic containers. we can be mitigate a host of health issues simply by the eliminating the use of plastics
Stopping the usage of plastic water bottles completely can not be only save us from the unwanted financial expenses but can also help our health and make this world and environment a much safer place to live in. According to the finding, India currently recycles about 90% of it is polyethylene terephthalate wastes which are the used in the manufacture of plastic water bottles and surpasses even the United States, Europe and Japan in this section . What is now need is a concerted and dynamic effort on our part to put a stop to the use of plastic water bottles once and for all and save our planet and environment as well as ourselves and our future generations from the any further health damages caused by these substances. The time for the change is here and now!! The health benefits of the replacing plastic bottles with other eco-friendly alternatives are involve worth all our joint efforts and much more…. So, we need to unite and set by ourselves fully to this crucial cause if we want to leave a safer and healthier environment for our future generations. So, what are you waiting for?? Get together to save the planet now!! If you truly want to change, then you will always have to take the first initiative and be that change!! In case you still need any more motivation in this think just remember, “Strive hard in the right control today if you want to see a better tomorrow.”